Financial Assistance 2021: Head of Finance and Administration (Bursar): firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for sibling rebate for school fees 2022: 03.12.2021 (application will be uploaded soon)
Deutsche Internationale Schule Kapstadt (DSK) Payment conditions in terms of conditions of enrolment
1. Method of payment (one of the following)
- Cash payments only into our bank account (Deutscher Schulverein Kapstadt, Nedbank Cape Town, Branch Code 100909, Account No 1009 418114) with proof of payment sent by mail to email@example.com
- When making payment, please use your unique debtor no. and surname as reference for correct allocation of the payment
- electronic funds transfer (EFT) – proof of payment as above
- debit order
- credit card (available at the administration office)
- Should any debit order be dishonoured, the full amount thereof is payable to the account of the DSK immediately or a double debit can be arranged for the following month. All resulting charges are to be borne by the parent concerned
- Any fees charged by the bank will be debited to your school fee account
- For Euro-payments into our German bank account a handling fee of 5% will be applicable
- A discount of 3% on the annual school fees will be granted if payment is made in full prior to 15 February 2021. However, this discount does not apply to fee increases, which may be implemented during the year. Should the learner be withdrawn during the course of the academic year, the reduced school fee rate will no longer apply.
3. Period of payment and payment obligations
- School fees, as well as any other charges on your school account, are due each term and are payable in full after dispatch of the invoice.
- Monthly payments will be permitted by debit order only over the period of 10 months (Jan-Oct / Feb-Nov). Any outstanding balance after the last debit order run will have to be settled in full before end of November.
4. Arrear fees & extension of payment
- Fees are in arrears if an invoice has not been settled within 30 days of the invoice date. Parents will receive a notification of arrear fees with a payment deadline. When the notice period specified in the notification has expired, the matter will immediately be handed to the DSK attorneys with instructions to issue summons without delay. All costs incurred in any legal process are recoverable from defaulting parents. In the case of non-adherence to the payment conditions the school reserves the right to withdraw a learner’s entitlement to participate in classes.
5. Social rebate on school fees
- The DSK offers financial assistance to parents who find themselves in the difficult financial situation of not being able to pay the school fees. Rebates are not granted retrospectively. Rebates are valid for a maximum of one academic year and must be re-applied for each year; applications are to be handed in by no later than the last day of the third term.
- Applications from applicants with fees in arrear will only be considered when such arrear fees have been paid in full.
- Any decision made by the Finance Committee after consideration of an application is final. The outcome will be communicated to the applicant in writing.
6. Notice of termination of enrolment at DSK
- One term’s notice needs to be given when withdrawing your child from the DSK and has to be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should parents fail to give such timeous notice, school fees are payable in full for the following term. The notification deadlines for 2021 are as follows: 19.03.21/18.06.21/17.09.21/03.12.21.
The “German Stream” treaty between the German and South African governments stipulates the examination authority. This is in line with the other German Schools in Southern Africa and will enhance the quality of our education at the DSK.
The examination authority responsible for all our exams is not the Western Cape Education Department, but the Independent Examination Board (IEB). A fee of R 550 per term will therefore be payable by parents of Grade 10 – 12 learners.
The admission of guest learners at DSK is restricted. The minimum time of attendance is two terms (6 months). A shorter attendance of one term (3 months) might be granted for compelling reasons. Guest learners in the English Stream are only accepted in Grade 10 & 11. The DSK reserves the right to restrict admission of guest learners in the interest of maintaining effective and efficient instruction in the classroom.
A one day visit of friends or family at the DSK is possible. Visits have to be applied for at least three days in advance and must be authorised. A trial visit of up to three days is reserved for learners who want to get to know our school, e.g. families considering relocating.